Facebook Feedback: Vaccines, fair, Granada, more | Opinion
A selection of comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about Mercer County health worker Dr. Rick Sabol telling members of the Board of Health that the COVID-19 vaccine should be mandatory for everyone:
• I am all for vaccines but my opinion is whether or not the person takes one. Not just the Covid vaccine but any vaccine – Jessica B.
• I am vaccinated but I do not agree that people should be vaccinated. I thought it was a free country; sounds like socialism to me – Kim H.
• I don’t have my period. But I encourage anyone who gets vaccinated to wear a mask and stay home. No need to infect the unvaccinated – Billy W.
•Nope! What happened to my body, my choice! -Angie L.
• Just realize that there may not be nurses to take care of you and there is a lack of teachers to teach your poor children. So take a look at these fast food places that are begging for help. It happens soon because of people who are afraid of a gunshot – Stephanie K.
•No. It’s everyone’s choice if you want them to get it. If you don’t, don’t. I don’t think anyone has the right to make you do what you don’t want to do – Kristie D.
On a editorial on the cancellation of the Mercer County Fair:
• They said there would be tribulations at the end of time – Matt McC.
• But can they have the state just instead? Let it sink in. – Eric U.
• So a liberal Democrat like Obama can have 500 or more without a party mask, but 200-300 people cannot have a fair. LOL – Keith O’D.
About a story of masks again required at the Mercer County Courthouse:
• Instead of thinking only of “me”, let’s think of “we” – Bill S.
• Are they actually going to force employees to wear them this time around? I was there in December and not one employee behind the glass had a scary mask – Kat A.
• So embarrassing that it is even a debate. The rest of the developed world wears masks because it’s the right and smart thing to do – Coty H.
About more US cities requiring digital proof of vaccination to enter restaurants, stores, and events:
• Support it absolutely and mandatory masks! For the protection of the community, not the beliefs of a few – DA W.
• Don’t expect me to spend money in these places! We are not a communist nation! – Suzie L.
• It’s illegal. Look for the HIPPA law. If they are not your primary care physician or you are not seen in a hospital, it is none of their business – David B.
• I believe we are going down a slippery slope that leads to full government control – Candy T.
• I am amazed at how quickly we give up our freedoms! -Dave B.
• These companies won’t see any of my money – James C.
• I am appalled by the people in the comments section who support this unconstitutional act, these people are Communism like it is best – Eric U.
On the story of a local soldier killed in action during the December 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor, returning home to Mercer County for a full and proper military funeral:
• Welcome home and thank you for your ultimate sacrifice. My father was a WWII US Navy veteran – W. Larry R.
• It is an amazing gift for this family tree. Thank you for sharing. God bless your family and welcome home Soldier – Barb T.
• Quiet Sailor – Justin C.
About a story about the newly renovated Granada Theater getting ready to open:
• Amazing business. Congratulations – Ron W.
• It’s awesome – Sandy McG
• I can’t wait to support this wonderful theater! Many thanks to everyone who worked so hard to bring it back. It’s a Bluefield icon! – Sharon F.